2013년 1월 15일 화요일

(Study Korean) About The Words only Native Korean know.




Study Korean:: About The Words only Native Korean know

Hi Hi You make me high~

For today, I brought stuff to study Korean. 
You probably have been heard this word if you have been to Korea more than 1 year. However, it is unusual for complete foreigners. 
This word is like slang and abbreviation which means for the young generation. 
The meaning? 
It means Fried Chicken and Beer! 



▲Korean style of Chicken (Half Fried and Half seasoned)

Yes, right. 

치맥 (CHI-MAEK) (K sounds weakly)
Fried Chicken is called as 치킨(Chicken) in Korean and Beer as Maekju. 
So, you can just call Chicken and beer as Chimaek.
Actually, these two food have a good marital compatibility. 
(Not medically though.:-p) 


★ Usage ★ 

A : 치맥하러 갈까?  
(Shall we go for Chimaek?)

B : 치맥 좋지~ 하지만 난 맥주보다 소맥이 당겨 
(I'd love it but would love to have Somaek* more than beer) 

*소맥(Somaek): Soju and Beer


Haha, Remember then when you come to Korea one day and meet Korean friends, 
you should try! 




댓글 4개:

  1. Waha, thank you for this lesson! :D

    답글삭제
  2. Haha no I didn't drink a lot, it was then my first night in Jeju. My friends and I love it haha. So, you pour the 소주 first then 맥주 or the other way round? Haha

    답글삭제

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...